The object is used for selling tickets to the Museum of Liptov Village in Pribylina and for the reservation of time tickets for a train ride on the Považská forest railway. It is the place of a first contact with the visitor.
The object is reserved for the museum staff.
A part of the original barns has been preserved on the edge of the village Vavrišovo up to present. Location of farm storage buildings outside of permanent dwellings was typical for this village. The buildings served for storing fodder crops, carriages and agricultural machines. In the field barn from Vavrišovo is situated snack counter for visitors.
The granary from Ludrová was erected around 1880 in a garden of a local homestead off the dwelling house. It was used as a storage place for grain and tools.
The granary from Nižné Malatíny was erected around 1830 and was a part of a farmstead. It stood beside a local road, opposite a dwelling house. It was used as a storage place for grain and tools.
The house from Liptovská Sielnica is a dwelling of the poorest layer of the village population in 1930s. A Roman Catholic family of three inhabited this humble space. Jozef Majdiak, the breadwinner of the family, was a village herdsman and shepherd tending cattle and sheep. In winter he earned some extra money by weaving wicker baskets. The family did not possess any land. They rented a piece of land from richer peasants and paid for it by laboring in their fields. The house was a village granary before reconstruction. The anteroom was attached and used as a storage space. The whole, day and night life was lived in one and the only room.
A granary collection from Hubová represents five types of timber granaries typical for this location. The granaries stood on the edge of the village. They served as storage facilities for grain and tools. They serve as a storage place in the museum.
The house from Liptovská Sielnica was built in 1865. It has a characteristic element in the front gable wall - the ceiling beam extending from the room to the front wall. The house serves for the needs of the museum as a place for cultural and educational activities.
The firestation in Jalovec was built around 1865 in the middle of the village next to the main road. It has quite complicated and ingenious roof bondage. The ground floor is a rectangular bean construction above which there is a simple plank floor. A high pyramidal spire topped with a small cross roofs the whole construction. Inside there are historical fire pumps from Liptovský Hrádok and Podtureň.
The house of a progressive craftsman family comes from Liptovská Sielnica and belonged to the wheeler Ján Lovich. In the past Liptovská Sielnica was an important village of the central Liptov region with a privilege of having its own judicature, exception to pay a toll, rights for hunting and logging. Several personalities who influenced Slovak culture lived there. To them belonged Samuel Bohdan Hroboň - a poet, Adolf Peter Záturecký - a collector of proverbs and sayings and Karol Salva - a patriot, printer and publisher. In the house there is an anteroom, a room, a kitchen with an open fireplace for cooking and two chambers. One of them was a bedroom of an unmarried daughter and the other one served as a storage space. The dwelling holds some signs of a luxury typical for a craftsman society in Liptov small towns in the first third of 20th century. The furniture in the house (beds, wardrobes, table) is original, it belonged to Ján Lovich and also the pictures above the beds depict original proprietors. Next to the house there is a wheeler workshop.
Parížovce is the oldest preserved yeoman seat in Liptov. Since 14th century it was a yeoman settlement of the family of Paris, his brothers and heirs. In the official Latin documents from 15th and 16th centuries, Parížovce is mentioned regularly under Hungarian attachment “de Parishaza”. Slovak version, i.e. Parížovce, was also entered into documents but more rarely. The family seated in a stock mansion, the oldest part of which (the Gothic core) can be dated to the 1st third of 14th century. The mansion was rebuilt and extended in the 1st third of 15th century. In the period of late Gothic, the tall three-room building was erected and the existing mansion was incorporated into the same. The space of the old mansion was rebuilt to be a festive hall. Murals decorated its corners. A net pattern was used to decorate the remaining parts of the inner as well as the outer side. Outer corners were decorated by an ashlar pattern. Architectural items of a high quality and using of Matej Korvín’s heraldry (a raven with a ring sitting on a twig) make us believe that the Parížovce mansion (rebuilt for a hunting manor around 1484) was a seat of Liptov prince Ján Korvín, the son of Matej Korvín, the king. The present appearance was given to the mansion during its last extensive reconstruction in the second half of 17th century. The Mansion from Parížovce is one of the most valuable historical buildings from the flooded area in Liptov. Interior shows the way of dwelling and life of the Liptov higher society in the past.
The information center was built in cooperation of the museum and TANAP with the support of the DANCEE agency. It is dedicated to the presentation of natural heritage and nature protection in the Tatra National Park. The exhibition points to the human impact on nature, how he used it and changed it according to his ideas.
„This house was built by Paulus Vozárik and his son George Vozárik A.D. 1852” says the inscription carved in an original beam in a room. This closed farmstead, where dwelling, yard and barn are under one common gabled roof, is typical for Liptovský Trnovec. The dwelling consists of an anteroom, two chambers and a living room. One of the chambers is used as a tailor’s workshop, where women sewed parts of festive garderobe for themselves and on orders. In a barn part there are stables for cattle and in the rear part a storage place for forage. The present exposition shows a dwelling of a rich peasant who was also a mayor of the village. The mayor’s office in Trnovec was located in so called “city house”. That is why his position is reflected in a room only by signs. Besides the furniture, typical for rich farming community, there is also a wooden case to keep writings and documents in the room.
The wooden belfry from 1883 is the copy of the belfry from the village of Pavčina Lehota. It consist of a log ground floor and a turret. There´s a bell in it. It was presented to the museum by inhabitants of the village Sokolče as the only memory of their village which was flooded because of construction of Liptovská Mara dam. The bell comes from the village belfry. Adalbert Littman from Banská Bystrica made it in 1865 of the old bell destroyed by fire.
The wooden yeomanry house was built in Paludza in 1858. It was a part of a farmstead. It stood on a gentle hilltop, with an adjacent orchard, in parallel to a local road. The house belonged to a well-to-do Lehocký family, the father of which was a county official. The house has a roofed entrance on a raised masonry foundation from where the anteroom (pitvor) and other rooms can be entered. In the house there is a kitchen, with an adjacent storeroom, a bedroom, a guestroom and a room for children, with an exhibition of children’s furniture, textile and toys.
The granaries were used to store food (potatoes, grain). They have a double roof: the outside roof is made from wooden shingle while the inner one is made from clay. Such a roof has two functions: thermal insulation (inside temperature was constant throughout the year), and fire prevention (in case of fire the outside roof can be easily torn down without losses for the owner).
Farm buildings, granaries, barns, stables and shelter for a coach and cart are part of the farmstead.
The school was built in the village situated between Orava and Liptov regions in 1755 and reconstructed in 1833. So much is the entry in a local chronicle. In 1920s and 1930s, a single classroom village school, with a room for a teacher, consisted of an anteroom, a class with desks, including a teacher’s desk and teaching aids. One of the two storerooms was used as a room for teaching aids. Also used by the teacher was another chamber, together with the rear part of the anteroom with a fireplace for cooking and with an opening of a stove for heating the classroom. The teacher’s room was not only his private space but also his study. A teacher had a significant position in a village community. In the past, teachers were those who often devoted themselves to bee-keeping as a hobby. In a rear part of the anteroom there are various beekeeper’s aids, tools and beehives. In an orchard, there is a bee-house with an exposition of various historical beehives.
It represents one of the oldest and most significant sacral structures of Liptov. Earlier than in 1200, a one-nave Roman church with a rectangular presbytery was built on an older burial site. Later, a tower was built to the western side of the church and the whole complex was fortified by a moat, line and stockade. Very likely between 1260 and 1280, a one-nave early Gothic structure was built on the same site, respecting original ground plan of the nave. The nave was prolonged both east- and westward and widened by a sacristy on the northern side. The first modification of the church interior was also made in that period. In 15th century, a shorter southern nave was built to the church and beginning of 16th century the church got its final likeness by a newly built, widened and prolonged polygonal presbytery, prolongation of the southern nave, interior modification and by building-in crypts. The last extensive reconstruction took place in 1653 when a Baroque tower was built to face of the southern nave. The Church of the Holy Virgin was a main center of the spiritual life and of the church administration in Middle Age Liptov. Since as early as in 13th century, the parish in Svätá Mara (Holy Mary) had been related with the office of Liptov vice archdeacon. Since 15th century, Svätá Mara used to be a titular praepostor of the Holy Virgin. The first written record about the church comes from 1288. Lutherans used the church in the second half of 16th and in 17th century. Since approximately 1330’s till 1582, assemblies - general congregations - of Liptov nobility took place in Svätá Mara. Regional council had also its sessions here. The Roman Catholic Church of the Holy Virgin is a valuable witness of architectural and creative arts in 13th through 17th centuries. Its true material and space reconstruction, using original architectural articles and transferred murals, together with an early Gothic and Renaissance furniture from 17th century is made accessible for visitors of Museum of Liptov Village in Pribylina. The church is a live object - divine services and wedding ceremonies take place here. In its basement there is a space for exhibitions.
At the beginning of the 20th century served the coach house from the Liptov village Malužiná for staying the night of waggoners, carmen and for horse stabling. It was used by craftsmen coming from behind of the Čertovica mountain to the Liptov region for markets. They used to pull their carriages in the coach house, unhorsed horses and spent the night in their carriages to guard the goods. Travelling officers put up in the roadhouse beside the coach house. The coach house in the Museum of Liptov Village in Pribylina is a copy of the coach house from the village Malužiná and it is a polyfunctional object which is used as an information centre aimed at propagation of open-air museums and cultural activities organized by this museum.
The hayloft was used as a farm building for hay storage.
The haylofts were used as farm buildings for hay storage.
Those who lived in this house belonged to the society of small peasants. Engaged in a small farmyard they worked in the fields and reared cattle. The proprietor of the house processed pelts to make fur waistcoats (kamizlík) and coats for his fellow villagers and for others. He did this job in the barn as well as in the storeroom. Processing of flax and hemp to weave linen is elucidated by the exhibition in the room. Processed flax and hemp were used to make common and festive clothes as well as for weaving carpets from textile scrap. The house was built in Likavka in the late 19th century.
The haylofts were used as farm buildings for hay storage.
The house of a small peasant comes from Likavka, a Lower Liptov village. It bears typical features of a village architecture (roof proportions, wall finishing, gable decoration) popular here at the end of 19th century. The house was built around 1890. The house proprietor was a shepherd (valach). He worked and lived in a pasture cabin all the grazing season, while his wife and children took care of their small farmyard. Inside the storeroom there are various sheep tending implements and garment accessories.
There are various agricultural implements and tools used in tillage and livestock breeding in the barn.
This wooden house belonged to Adolf Trunkvalter. He was a peasant and a craft activity represented an additional income. He lived with a large family of eleven children. The room shows a situation at the birth of a child. There are items related to this great family event as well as articles, which were believed to protect the baby and provide him/her a good fortune. The ”corner sheet”, separating the bed of expectant mother from the rest of the room, had, beside practical and hygienic, also a magical purpose. The interior shows how the family with so many children dwelled and slept. In one of the two storerooms there was a workshop of a village shoemaker.
The house was built by Matúš Bačkor in a lower Liptov village of Černová in 1836. This can be learnt from the inscription carved into a ceiling beam in the room: “MATÚŠ BAČ. HIS 1836 ME: AU”. The Bačkor´s are called “Night watchman” and “Cooper” in chronicles. This indicates their way of earning money. They owned no land, they were landless peasants (želiari). After Matúš had died in 1861, his sons Jozef and Ondrej let the house out to a Jew, his surname was Herel, who built a pub in it. In 1880 both sons, together with their families, moved back the house. From the beginning the families stayed every other year alternatively in the room or in the chamber, while the anteroom was used by both of them. Around 1890, the original three-spaced house was divided into two two-room flats. The large original front room was partitioned into a small entry room and a smaller living room. The second dwelling was created from the original anteroom and the chamber. Since the frictions among the family had continued and also because the family had grown, Ondrej Bačkor, the younger of the two brothers, decided to let out his part of the house as a shop and a pub and he rented another house in the village to dwell in. In one part of this “double” house there is an exhibition of the dwelling of Jozef Bačkor, the landless peasant, who, in order to support his family, worked in the nearby Mautner’s textile factory in Rybárpole. Occasionally he lent his hand to well-to-do farmers who paid him in kind (potatoes or grain). The meals were prepared on the open fireplace in the anteroom. Bread was baked in an oven. All family life was concentrated in the room that was also a bedroom for this large family. In the other part of the house there is an exhibition of a village pub and shop. In 1929, Štefan Šulík-Kučera got a tapster and a pub tender license. He hired the rear part of the house from Ondrej Bačkor. He was successful though in Černová there were another two villagers doing the same trade. In his little shop you could get common items for kitchen and home. People went to a neighboring town of Ružomberok to do a bigger shopping. Štefan Šulík-Kučera tapped various drinks for a straight consumption or into brought vessels. After he had suddenly died, 33, the trade was taken over and continued by his wife Emília till 1949.
A wooden structure of a forge, which belonged to Matej Belluš, was built in upper Liptov village Liptovská Kokava in 1936. The owner forged individual blacksmith items, notably tools for peasants. He co-operated with a wheeler, trimmed carts, sleighs and wheels of various kinds. He also produced door and gate locks as well as fittings for doors and windows, window bars and shutters. His main task, however, was to shoe horses and oxen. He was also respected for an animal healing abilities. He died in 1989. In the forge there is a part of original facilities (bellows and an anvil) as well as a part of a working tool set.
The kitchen is used in various program events to demonstrate the preparation of traditional folk dishes.
The kitchen is used in various program events to demonstrate the preparation of traditional folk dishes.
The mill was a part of technical water structures complex including two mills, scrubbing board and sawmill. The structures were situated in the south-eastern part of the village Pribylina. Until 1938 they were driven by a stream cut-off from the Račková river, called Mlynica. In 1924, the entire mill complex became the property of the Štecková family, farmed by sons Adam and Matej. In the museum is situated an old mill, called “mlynček”, from which an inventory from 1808 has been preserved.
The construction of the
relaxation zone will be carried out from June to September 2020. It involves
the construction of four sidewalks – natural, access, adventure and service
sidewalk, paved area at the entrance and at the lookout tower, landscaping and
planting trees around the sidewalks. In the part of the
sidewalks there will be the installation of the entrance gate with information
boards, elements of small architecture – benches with backrest, leaf-shaped benches, elements
for cognition and play intended for children – bird´s nest, bear den, owl´s
nest, net pyramid, swing, wooden jungle gym, 3D relief of the High Tatras in a
tree trunk. At the end of the relaxation zone there will be a wooden lookout
tower built according to the historical model of the original lookout tower,
which was located on the Zapač hill near Liptovský Hrádok. The two-storey
lookout tower will be 7,86 meters high and floor plan dimensions will be 4,4 x
41 – 43 serve for visitors of the Považská forest railway. In case of bad
weather, it is possible to wait for a train in the waiting room.
The exhibition represents a technical monument of the former Považská forest railway which connected Liptovský Hrádok with the valleys of Čierny Váh from the beginning of the 20th century. It was used for transporting wood, as well as for transporting people, especially forest workers. Total length of the railway track was 107 km. Transporting by the forest railway was cancelled at the end of 1971. At the turn of 2002 and 2003, unique set of the historical rolling stock and part of the original track were transported to the Museum of Liptov Village in Pribylina, where a static exhibition was built. Nowadays, the Považská forest railway is functioning and connects individual units of the museum.